You can constantly point a child towards the Lord, even from the time he or she is born, by talking to them about Jesus. You can pass a knowledge of the Bible on to them by daily using Bible story books and other devotional materials appropriate for their age.
Following are some links to free online devotionals for toddlers, preschoolers and young children. These short, illustrated books, booklets and presentations will grab your little one’s attention and make him want to learn more about Jesus.
- Bright Pebbles – Bright Pebbles is a collection of Christian and character-building books written for children ages four on up. Each devotional is built on a Bible verse, and explains to a child in simple terms what the principles of that verse mean and how it applies to daily living. There are currently over 75 of these devotionals posted online and more are added on a regular basis. (These inspiring children’s devotionals are also available in book format, under the title “Five Minute Bible Devotionals”)
- Different Kinds of Fruit - God’s Spirit does awesome things for us, and through it your life can be filled with happiness and meaning. Find out about the nine fruits of God’s Spirit, and how you can have them. (This entertaining children’s book is part of a series that is available in book format from Aurora Productions)
- Jesus and Me: Bedtime Promises and Your Fun Wake-up Friend (Excerpted from the book Jesus and Me, by Aurora Productions)
- Online-only Devotionals from FreeKidStories – Freekidstories offers a range of free children’s devotionals for babies, toddlers and preschoolers. These include:
- Start Early (A collection of simple Christian verses, prayers and quotations for babies and toddlers)
- Jesus Loves Me
- Jesus Loves the Little Children
- Someone to Talk To
- Prayer Promises
- Online Only Devotionals from www.nurture-inspire-teach.com - Nurture, Inspire, Teach is a website dedicated to providing free and very affordable online devotionals for children, teenagers and parents. Following are links to the site’s children’s devotionals for little ones. Free sample are available on each page, while full devotionals booklets are available for $1.00 apiece:
- Life’s Little Lessons
- Firm Faith
- Prayer and Praise
You can also find a wide range of free Bible stories online that your little ones are sure to enjoy. Some of these are available as PowerPoints while others are in .pdf format. All can be easily downloaded.
Photo courtesy of Eric Peacock via Flickr.